Who we are
EIDOS acts as a data controller of your personal data, as defined below, for the purposes specified below.
The platform located on the website https://unfinisheddemocracy.org (the “Platform”) is owned and operated by EIDOS Foundation (“EIDOS”), having its headquarters at 18 Iresti Str., district 1, Bucharest, registered with the Registry of Foundations and Associations under no. 3113/B/2009, having sole registration code 26748839.
Unless otherwise stated below, all terms used with capital letters shall have the same meaning as the terms defined under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the “GDPR”).
HOW, WHEN AND WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
We process different types of personal data (“Personal Data”) when you register on the Platform / fill in the form for participating in the Building Blocks for Democracy project, when you browse, request information or interact with our Platform and/or social media platforms (e.g. Facebook).
The Personal Data we collect and process, on a case by case basis, and depending on the extent and specific details of our interaction, are:
- personal identification details, such as your name, surname, date of birth, employment and occupation status, current country and city, as well as other personal information concerning your preferences;
- contact details, such as your e-mail address;
- Platform usage and other technical data, such as details of your visits to our Platform and/or social media platforms (Facebook), such as, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, device type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- data that you voluntarily give us when you choose to register on the Platform or in various activities on or related to our social media platforms, such as, user ID, your comments and opinions, evaluation of posts and responses to feedback;
- any other personal data relating to you that you willingly provide to us from time to time.
Where we need to collect Personal Data as requested in order to create an account on the Platform and / or register with any particular event / consultation, if you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to carry out your registration, in order to perform our obligations. In this case, we may have to cancel our engagement towards you.
DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE?
If you provide Personal Data to us about any natural person, other than yourself, such as your employees, counterparties, advisers or suppliers, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be processed and that either they have consented for you to disclose such Personal Data to us, also allowing us , and/or our outsourced service providers, to process it, or that there is another legal basis justifying such disclosure and processing.
HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
We may collect or receive your Personal Data in a number of different ways:
- whether you provide it directly and intentionally to us, for example, by registering on our Platform or by filling in the forms;
whether you provide it to us directly, but non-intentionally, such as the technical data we automatically collect when you use our Platform and/or social media platforms (e.g. Facebook), such as, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, device type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, as well the data we infer from your reactions to the product of our services or, as the case may be, evaluation of posts and responses to feedback on our media platforms;
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We verify and comply with the legal grounds for processing we rely on, in each case, in order to compliantly process your Personal Data.
We may use your Personal Data as provided below:
- in order for you to participate in the consultations, either by filling in the form or by registering on the Platform, based on your consent:
- for assessing your compatibility with the program;
- if you participate on-line, in order to create an account for you;
- for retaining and importing your personal data (including additional personal data you may provide during consultations, as well as images, video and / or audio recordings including your portrait / image and / or your voice) in our records and/or on the Platform;
- for supporting the development of artificial intelligence within the framework of the E.U. funded ORBIS project on building improved tools of deliberative democracy based on your input.
- in order for you to be up to date with the developments in our community, at your request or based on your consent:
- for communication purposes: in order to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about us, updates (including briefings, newsletters and other information), events and initiatives;
In this regard, we provide the option to unsubscribe or opt out of further communication on any electronic communication sent to you; alternatively, you may opt out by contacting us directly, by using the contact details set out below.
- in order to transfer your e-mail address to several social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Google) in order to find like-minded or similar individuals;
- in order to provide content display and recommendations based on your Personal Data.
- facilitating the use of our Platform and social media platforms and to ensure that the content of our Platform and social platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- exercising or defending our legal rights or to comply with court orders, if the case.
- protecting the security of our communications and other systems and to prevent and detect security threats, frauds or other criminal or malicious activities;
- for further processing purposes that are compatible and linked with the purposes mentioned above, for which the Personal Data have been collected, including, without being limited to, facilitating, if applicable, the registration process to particular activities organized on our Platform by receiving a preferential application form.
If you have provided your consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Data, you have the right to fully or partly withdraw your consent, free of charge and at any point in time. To withdraw your consent, please use the contact details provided at point M below. While exercising this right, please also take into account that withdrawal of consent will not affect the processing of personal data before such withdrawal.
We will not use your Personal Data for taking any automated decisions affecting you or for creating profiles.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In the context of the Building Blocks for Democracy project, we shall disclose your Personal Data to certain with third parties (such as The Democracy and Culture Foundation) in order to help the implementation of the project and the establishment of the permanent Global Centre for Democracy in 2024. We may also transfer your Personal Data to social media platforms, for the above-mentioned purposes, or to certain service providers we may have subcontracted, in order to perform our activity, such as IT services providers, strictly to the extent that such action is necessary.
Moreover, once you apply for the creation of an account on our Platform, you acknowledge that your name and surname shall be visible by default to the other participants in the event.
Please note that this list is non-exhaustive and, considering specific circumstances, there may be other examples where we need to share your Personal Data with third parties, in order to provide the services and/or, as the case may be, exercise our legitimate rights.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to comply with our regulatory requirements and/or any other applicable legal provisions in force from time to time, or in the course of dialogue with regulators, as applicable, which may include disclosing your Personal Data to government and/or regulatory or law enforcement agencies, in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such entities anywhere in the world, if or where compelled to do so. Where permitted, or unless doing so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding.
WHICH COUNTRIES DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO?
As a rule, we will not transfer any of your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
THE RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data shall be retained for as long as it is either legally required, if the case is such, or needed for the purposes described in Point F above as provided below, as well as for archiving purposes.
Your Personal Data shall be retained by EIDOS throughout your use of our Platform and for any additional period required in accordance with the applicable law. However, the retention period of your Personal Data shall not exceed the necessary duration to accomplish the purposes for which this data has been collected and/or to observe any legal obligations hereof. Your Personal Data retained for communication purposes – in order to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about us, updates, including briefings, newsletters and other events and initiatives – shall be retained by us for a period of 5 years as of the date we collect them and shall be shared with third parties (including The Democracy and Culture Foundation) in order to help the establishment of the permanent Global Centre for Democracy in 2024 and for scientific purposes for the E.U. funded ORBIS project on building improved tools of deliberative democracy.
THE RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
OUR PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are highly committed to observing data privacy and, thus, we have implemented a range of commercially reasonable physical, technical and procedural measures to help protect Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, such as:
- limiting the number of recipients who have access to Personal Data and correlating access rights with the actual and justified need of each recipient/user;
- concluding agreements with our collaborators, suppliers and service providers, providing confidentiality and personal data protection obligations for ensuring the protection of your Personal Data;
- adopting, at our community level, specific rules on copying and disseminating documents, to prevent any unauthorized access to Personal Data and the disclosure thereof;
- creating back-ups of the stored Personal Data;
- introducing specific access rights in order to prevent any unauthorized individuals to access Personal Data, areas where Personal Data are being stored and/or equipment on which Personal Data are stored/located.
Furthermore, our collaborators, as well as any third-party service providers we may engage that process Personal Data on our behalf (for the purposes listed above) are also contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
THE RIGHTS THAT YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In your capacity as data subject, the GDPR grants you the following rights:
- right of access – allowing you to obtain confirmation that your Personal Data is being processed by us and, if affirmative, the relevant details of such processing activities;
- the right to rectification – allowing you to rectify your Personal Data, if inaccurate;
- right to data portability – allowing you to receive the Personal Data concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit such data to another data controller (provided that such data have been provided to us or stored by us in such a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and portable format).
You may exercise your aforementioned rights and find out more about such rights by filing with us, as data controller, a written request, using the contact details provided at Point M below. You also have the right, whether dissatisfied with our use of your Personal Data or with our response related to your claims on exercising your right rights, to lodge a complaining with the Romanian Supervisory Authority (010336, 28-30 G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru Blvd. District 1 Bucharest, Romania / E-mail: [email protected] / Telephone number: +40 318 059 211
+40 318 059 212 / webpage: https://www.dataprotection.ro/?page=Plangeri_pagina_principala).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In general, cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website.
Please be informed that our Platform use necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Platform and use features, such as accessing secure areas of the Platform. Without these cookies, services such as enabling appropriate content based on your type of device cannot be provided.
You can decide on the acceptance of other types of cookies on a case-by-case basis or generally accept cookies.
HOW WE MAY UPDATE THIS PRIVACY NOTICE